Scheduling appointments is an essential aspect of any business. With the rise of online scheduling tools, organizations have a variety of options to choose from. In this comparison, we will evaluate three popular scheduling tools: Appointlet, Google Calendar Appointments, and Microsoft Bookings.
We will compare their features, pricing and integrations to help you make an informed decision for your organization.
Here is a side-by-side comparison of the features offered:
|Feature||Appointlet||Google Calendar Appointments||Microsoft Bookings|
|Customizable booking page||Yes||No||Limited|
|Multiple appointment types||Yes||No (only appointment slots)||Yes|
|Customizable durations and availabilities||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Time zone management||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic reminders and notifications||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Custom form fields||Yes||Limited||Limited|
|Video conferencing integration||Yes (Zoom, Google Meet, GoToMeeting, Webex, Microsoft Teams, Join.me)||Yes (Google Meet)||Yes (Microsoft Teams)|
|Third-party integrations||Yes (Zapier, CRM, marketing tools, etc.)||Limited (mainly Google Workspace)||Limited (mainly Microsoft applications)|
- Appointlet offers a comprehensive set of features, making it a versatile scheduling tool for businesses with various needs. It provides customizable booking pages, round-robin scheduling, buffer time, and group scheduling, which are not available in Google Calendar Appointments or Microsoft Bookings.
- Google Calendar Appointments is a more basic solution, best suited for businesses that primarily use Google Workspace. It offers appointment slots, customizable durations, and time zone management, but lacks advanced features like custom form fields, round-robin scheduling, and group scheduling.
- Microsoft Bookings is a balanced option that offers advanced features like staff management, service customization, and booking policy, while maintaining seamless integration with the Microsoft 365 suite. It is an excellent choice for businesses that rely heavily on Microsoft applications.
Ease of Use
- Appointlet’s user interface is designed to be clean, simple, and intuitive. The setup process is straightforward and requires only a few steps to get started. You can easily create and customize your booking pages, appointment types, and availabilities. The navigation is organized, making it simple to manage your appointments and access various settings. Appointlet’s ease of use is beneficial for users who may not have extensive technical knowledge or experience with scheduling tools.
Google Calendar Appointments:
- Google Calendar Appointments is integrated directly within Google Calendar, making it extremely easy to use for those already familiar with the Google Workspace ecosystem. The process of creating appointment slots is as simple as creating a regular calendar event. The interface is consistent with other Google applications, ensuring a cohesive user experience across the platform. However, due to its limited feature set, users may find it less flexible and customizable compared to Appointlet or Microsoft Bookings.
Microsoft Bookings (Office 365 Appointments):
- Microsoft Bookings is designed to work seamlessly with the Microsoft 365 platform, making it easy to use for those familiar with Microsoft applications. The interface is clean and well-organized, with a setup process that guides users through creating their booking pages, services, and staff members. The integration with other Microsoft applications, like Outlook and Teams, creates a cohesive experience for users who are already invested in the Microsoft ecosystem. While Microsoft Bookings offers more advanced features than Google Calendar Appointments, it may require a slightly steeper learning curve for users who are new to the platform.
- Free plan with basic features
- Premium plan: $10 per month per user (billed monthly) or $8 per month per user (billed annually)
Google Calendar Appointments:
- Included with Google Workspace subscriptions, starting at $6 per month per user
- Included with specific Microsoft 365 subscriptions (Business Standard and higher), starting at $12.50 per month per user
When choosing between Appointlet, Google Calendar Appointments, and Microsoft Bookings, consider your organization’s needs and existing software ecosystem. If you are looking for a dedicated scheduling tool with robust features and integrations, Appointlet is a great option. Google Calendar Appointments may be more suitable for smaller organizations already using Google Workspace. Office 365 Appointments (Microsoft Bookings) is an excellent choice for businesses that rely heavily on the Microsoft 365 ecosystem. Consider the pricing, features, and ease of use before making your decision.